Founded in 1845 by Ferdinand Adolph Lange in Glashütte, Germany. The company soon became the pioneers in watchmaking in their region. After Ferdinand’s death his sons, Emil and Richard continued to produce the finest pocket watches of their time.
During World War II, they were victims of bombardments and eventually even got nationalised by the Soviet administration and ceased to exist. At the fall of the Berlin wall in 1990, the grand son of the founder, Walter Lange, revived the company with the help of Swiss watch manufacturers such as IWC & Jaeger-LeCoultre. The brand introduced their new collection in 1994 with success and by 2000 the company got acquired by the Richemont Group.