A. Lange & Sohne

Lange was founded in 1845 by Ferdinand Adolph Lange in the town of Glashütte, in Germany.  Under Ferdinand, and then, following his death, his sons Emil and Richard, Lange produced quality pocket watches, the company’s very best products generally being given the “1A” designation. Under subsequent generations of the Lange family, the company continued to produce pocket watches.

In 1948, the post-war Soviet administration nationalised the company’s property, and the Lange brand ceased to exist. However, in December 1990, following German reunification, the founder’s great-grandson Walter Lange, together with watch industry executive Günter Blümlein, restored the company with the assistance of several Swiss watch manufacturers, including IWC & Jaeger-LeCoultre.  The refounded Lange, again operating from Glashütte, presented its first range of wrist watches in 1994.


Mens Collection

Inquire Now


Inquire Now

Inquire Now